Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Thing 2 -- What is Library 2.0? -- January 29, 2008

I just finished watching the video of Stephen Abram at Murdoch University Library in Australia. He provides many interesting things to think about. For example, he discuss finding the time to do "23 Things". He states that he used to be a smoker and he sure could find time each day to have his cigerette. Stephen Abram expresses that if one is passionate enough about something they will find time each day to do it, even if it is only 15 per day. He also discusses how in his opinion any professional development such as this one has only improved the way an individual does things -- no matter how large or small. I found it a little scarcy to listen to him talk about some of his favorite 2.0 tools as many of them I have never even heard of. This is one of my goals for this program is to at least expose myself to these tools and be aware of these tools when they are discussed.
Finding time is always a challenge. It was good for me to hear at the MEMO Conference that to plan on doing at least two "things" per week. Personally, I need these short-term goals. I know that if it gets to the end of the week and I haven't done my two "things", I will make the time.

No comments: